1 July 2017

Pleasanton pamper


I am eating a big Toblerone triangle. Because I can and because I shouldn't. I will try not to feel guilty about it this time. "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" comes to mind. I don't think so.
Most days you do know what you are going to get. Especially if you are a responsible grown up, like me. I get to wake up early, take the kids to school, go to work, come back, make dinner, check the homework, play a little and go to bed. Location: Bucharest.

Some days, under exceptional circumstances, I escape the rut. I go to a place where no days are the same. Location: Pleasanton, CA. Where I have myself alone to get dressed in the morning. A hotel where I find my makeup aligned on a boat foaled towel. Where I have time to play and take pictures of a butterfly mug. It was a souvenir I got from the Conservatory of  Flowers.



Pleasanton is where my boss is. But my week is not all about work. Going back to the hotel, I line up my magazines on the topics that fascinate me: marriage, parenting and fashion. Fashion because a little shallowness never hurt anyone, did it?! And speaking of shallow, I take a selfie.



There are other faces of pamper:
  • shopping at Nordstrom racks where I finally find nice affordable presents for my family;
  • seeing an orange tree full of fruits in downtown Pleasanton;
  • lingering for hours at Barnes & Nobles and putting together a list of books I will order once I get home;
  • an afternoon spent in Walnut Creek where there are more home decor stores than I have seen in my entire life so far;
  • dinner at Cheesecake Factory in Walnut Creek. It was tough to choose from the 36 cheesecakes on the menu.
See, lists are not exclusive to "to do things". They could serve as a reminder of happy places too.


Finally, a pair of heart printed pumps from Nine West that I bought on sale at Ross. A great discount store if you have the patience to carefully comb the racks.



"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world".  I completely agree with this. Cause I'm always along for the ride, wherever pamper might take me.

A memory a day keeps the doctor away!

P.S. Orlando fun and San Francisco weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment