25 May 2017

Spring Alphabet


America is where spring found me. I found dreams coming true there in an experience that felt both adventurous and surreal. When I first mentioned to the boys that I might go away for a couple of weeks, they both laughed in my face."Yeah, right, you never go away mom!" But so I did and it was the best of times.

Building Lego and a London Puzzle back home. Also listening to endless stories about Clash Royal, Tudor's latest favorite video game.
Cruise and Fallon lip sync is double crush for me. The last 20 years, haven't they passed for Tom, too?! Anyways, I cannot help but wishing to be the lady in the first row who got a little piece of these 2 damn hot men.
Delighted to see my boys gaining independence and playing outside unsupervised.
Excited about  summer knocking on my door. And summer always brings me my birthday as a gift.

First ice cream of the year is a big thing in our family just like the first snow at winter time.
Grateful for our family vacation in London and the fun visit to LegoLand.
Hyped about the return of Tween Peaks. I saw the fist 2 episodes so far and they are as weird as I'd expect them to be. Almost as if the last 20 years haven't passed for me just like they didn't for Tom.
Inspired by The Book of Joy to search for happiness within as opposed to little pleasures I keep telling you about here for the last 5 years. Am I getting wiser now that I am almost 37?
Joyful beyond words after seeing the musicals: Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Kinky Boots and Lion King. Going to the theater was the highlight of my spring.


Key of a good lasting marriage is novelty, says The New York Times in Reinventing Date Night for Long-Married Couples

"Most studies of love and marriage show that the decline of romantic love over time is inevitable. The butterflies of early romance quickly flutter away and are replaced by familiar, predictable feelings of long-term attachment.
But several experiments show that novelty — simply doing new things together as a couple — may help bring the butterflies back, recreating the chemical surges of early courtship."

Londi is the bear we built at Hamleys Build-a-Bear workshop.
Michelin tire factory visit was a nice family time and very interesting for the boys.
New York was the cherry on my US cake/trip.
On repeat - Miley Cyrus singing Malibu- especially in the mornings cause it puts me in a great mood, positive and mind-wandering. To balance the sweetness, I alternate with Radioactive.
Podcast I binged: S-Town, very intriguing and very welcomed after the "not so welcomed" season 2 of Serial.
Quote I keep in mind these days: Hard choices, easy life. Easy choices, hard life!" I heard it on Tim Ferries podcast
Read more, dream big, be happy said a hand written note I got with my delivery from Books Express. I ordered "Tools of Titans" by Tim Ferries and "The little book of Hygge".


Sushi Terra, in Veranda mall, is a restaurant I highly recommend. It opens up to a nice playground so it is a kids friendly place. Not to mention the fish water tanks that delighted me just as much as the boys.
The Young Pope is the series I just finished. It was Sorrentino beautiful. There was also Broadchurch season 3 which is unfortunately the last one, and Big little lies. If you're not in for the mystery you can watch Big little lies for the beach houses.
Urging myself to get back to my sweet free life. Easier said than done.
Vogue Italy Accessories was my favorite magazine this spring. Maybe I should learn Italian.
Zen from embracing my neediness. I no longer want to nor need to be a superwoman. Being a woman is enough. I am enough. You are enough.


Find your happy, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment