Today was one of those days where nothing came easy. I even had a hard time convincing Cris and Tud to go see a movie. We eventually did so and it was really a lovely movie: Vaiana (Moana). What happened before and after the movie was complicated but there was also a conversation.On our way back home, yet one more walk through our neighbourhood the following came out of nowhere, just like my singing:
- After all that singing and dancing in the movie, I feel like singing too, if I were talented at it, said I explaining my singing in the street to the boys.
- But you have your own talents. You are talented at being a mum, said Cris. And you are smart, too.
- Yes, mum, you are talented, quickly added Tud, cause he is always following Cris's every step and word.
- Really? What are my talents, Tud?
- You have the talent of loving and the talent of cleaning.
Needless to say I was yet again left speechless. In the midst of all the brotherly disputes I must be doing something good to have my sons speak so generously about me.
Note to self: do less cleaning myself.
A conversation a day keeps the doctor away!
P.S. other funny conversations with the boys and the best compliment Cris paid me