2 January 2017

My 3 words for 2017


In an effort to switch from frustrating new year resolutions to new year guiding "lights", this is my fifth "3 words" exercise. The longer I do it, the harder I need to dig deep down my soul to learn what I can't find as much as I'd like to. Precision is key. Overall I am the same me. However, every year does bring new challenges and old ones I haven't adjusted to yet.
That's why I need to find out what I need more of, to be better equipped for life in 2017. 

EAT smarter. 2016 was the year I made impulsive eating choices that frustrated me all along. I reached out to food even when I was full, but not spiritually full. Truth is, my body needs me as much as I need it. It's high time I started showing my body the kindness and respect it deserves. This is not about loosing weight but about gaining balance.

PLAY harder. Children think about playing as soon as they wake up. My first thought in the morning is getting things done in the most efficient way. If mornings don't give me time to play, that's fine, but I really need to set aside time to enjoy life. It's a little bit like homework versus play seen, again, through the eyes of a child. I will continue to do my homework but my focus will be playing. Playing for me means: curiosity, creativity, experimenting and exploring. Hello, inner child, we'll see more of each other in 2017!

LOVE better. Mainly this is about having more compassion for myself. The internet is full of advice on life, parenting, marriage, career, you name it. Thanks, but no thanks. I will make 2017 advice free. No perfect lives to compare myself to. I will continue to search for inspiration, which I treasure dearly. I will continue to share good thoughts to the world and manifest kindness. In 2017 I'll be kinder to myself, too. 

May 2017 be kind to you so you can extend that kindness to the world! Or is it the other way around?!

P.S. if you don't know what this is about check my initial post from 2013 , my 3 words for 2016,  2015 and 2014. Also Chris Brogan's 3 words and Mitch Joel's 3 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment