16 July 2015

On discoveries, a beach and a birthday


One of my favorite things to do with the boys is go out and let our steps and eyes guide us to wonderful new little adventures. Vacation is no exception so, we went for a walk as I was eager to get to know our place of  stay by foot. The walk was interesting on the side of a very narrow street that eventually opened up to the ocean where we discovered a tiny beach. Which , after the rain, was ours alone to enjoy. There' s this special thing about the sand that makes kids so happy each time they find it, be it in a privileged location like this, or in playgrounds somewhere else.

The boys threw send in the water, explored the place, built a castle, "drew" hearts and had a blast. The surprise factor of the discovery had its role too, cause unplanned joys feels even merrier.


















For me it was even more special. As I set down and watched them play by the large water in front of us, I had something else on my mind. Exactly 7 years ago my water broke and Cristian chose me to be his mom. 7 years ago I become a mother and that's the greatest thing I'll ever be.


I am grateful beyond words for all the wonderful things Cristisor brought in my life. At the same time I am grateful for all the challenges motherhood brings, challenges that make me want to be a better person everyday.

Cristian, I am grateful for all the tears you brought to my eyes and all the intense emotions you brought to my life. I love you to infinity!

P.S. birthday letters from previous years

No comments:

Post a Comment