12 April 2015

Splendor in the grass or how we spent Easter


The days before Easter found me longing for the way Easter used to be when I was still living with my parents. And it's not the celebration that I miss most but the preparation part that had the entire family working together, bonding and sharing.

We are spending the first Easter day home,  but I simply gave up at some point, realizing that I don't have the time to prepare as much as I'd wish too. In the end, Sunday didn't turn that bad after all. The sun was shining so I took the boys out and spent the Ester barefoot in the park. We had our first picnic together, something the boys were long waiting for.







The park was quiet when we get there, I guess most people were having a traditional lunch home at the time. We enjoyed our unconventional lunch on the blanket. The weather was so warm and nice that we were soon barefoot enjoying the grass and the sand. And the palm trees in the middle of our crowded town. Kids played in the sand, made friends, made balloons...











Cristian asked me to close my eyes for 10 minutes and soon after he showed me his special gift:







Tudor wanted to get back on the blanket and play a game. He even snapped some photos of me. Turns out my face was just in one of them.





Cristian rolled on the grass and played some more.





Cristian told me he wished this day would never end. Tudor glued on me under the tree, asked for tens of kisses and said how much he liked the silence and peace there. It wasn't such a silent place but he must of felt that way...

Some days exceed all my expectations without any preparation in advance. We just need a little bit of sun and a lot of love.

Happy Easter to you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment