2 April 2015

Art crush: Louise Bourgeois


I am far from being art savvy but I like beautiful things and I like pieces that speak to me even more. The first time I heard about Louise Bourgeois was in Stockholm and I really didn't know what to expect when I visited the Moderna Museet . I was slowly mesmerized by her work and when I got to the works that had words too, I found them very moving.  




One of my favorite was "I need my memories, they are my documents" and also "Hours of the day" collection


The curator wanted to end the exhibit on a positive note:


In 2011 one of her works titled Spider, sold for $10.7 million, a new record price for the artist at auction and the highest price paid for a work by a woman.


She died aged 98 and her last piece of art was made a week before. She was the first woman to have a retrospective at MoMA and you can see more of her here .

Enjoy art wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment