24 November 2014

Hooked on SERIAL

The Crime Scene; source: Slate.com courtesy of This American Life

When 3 out of my 4 favorite bloggers were raving about Serial I knew I had to listen to it. Did you hear about it already?

Series are dead, long live Serial

I don't feel that addicted to series anymore, or maybe it's the fact that I really can't find much time for them lately. Also this is the vibe I'm getting from my friends too, not that much into watching series anymore.  But I thing Serial is the next big thing. It's the podcast that really hit big. The biggest.

" According to Apple, Serial has broken the previous iTunes record for the fastest podcast to reach 5 million downloads and streams, and remains in the top spot for most popular podcast in the U.S., Canada, U.K. and Australia. This number does not factor in streams from other sources, such as SoundCloud and other podcasting apps." says Mashable

Should I say more?! Just this: Adnan Syed is serving a life sentence for murdering his ex high-school sweetheart, Hae Min Lee, and says is not guilty. The first season of the podcast, host and executive producer Sarah Koenig investigates the evidence surrounding Lee's murder.

"Serial Is Like Nothing I’ve Heard or Watched Before" says Slate.com or any other magazine that wrote about it.

Enjoy the "who done it"!

P.S. if you find yourself wanting for more here is Slate's podcast about the Serial podcast (editors discussing the latest episode)

No comments:

Post a Comment