30 July 2014

Pitesti - at the zoo


I don't know about you, but I surely enjoy a visit to the zoo just as much as my kids do. Any zoo, and this weekend we visited again my hometown zoo, in Pitesti. The zoo is situated in the outskirts of the town, in Trivale forest. When I was a little girl, the zoo was famous for the extinct bisons you can still see there. According to Wikipedia " The European bison Bison bonasus, or wisent is found in Europe and the Caucasus, was re-introduced after being extinct in the wild." But sadly it was not reintroduced in the zoo.

Anyways, we enjoyed plenty of other animals and spent 3 good hours there:
















The boys were all excited and they kept calling for me: "Mom, look ! You have to see this!" and this ...and that... and they kept running from one cage to the other.

What do you think? Was this a local monkey or just me "mastering" the "art of selfies"? Haha


We had a break on the playground which the kids enjoyed a lot too:






A zoo a day keeps the doctor away!

P.S. the Sibiu zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment