30 July 2014

It's ok - to leave that book unfinished


Guilt is such a powerful thing. It works like a parasite, uses the host to gain strength, and the host loses some strength as a result. We are all hosts at some points in our life, to put it mildly. Actually, I wonder if any day goes by without feelings of guilt trying to corner us: guilt for what we didn't do, for what we ate, for going to bed late yet again, and the list can easily continue.

So, I thought I'd share with you some of my guilt parasites in an effort to build a stronger version of me, a stronger version of you. Even if it is just a stupid thing like starting a new book after I finally accepted I will (most probably) never finish that 800 pages old one.

It's ok to leave that book unfinished and enjoy a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment