23 July 2014

A change would do you good


Sharyl Crow released this song, "A change would do you good", 17 years ago. And even though I haven't listened to it for at least 15 years, I can still hear it playing in my head.

You have to release yourself to the world every day in the hope that ultimately people will not forget  you. Everybody wants to make a mark.

What if somebody is telling you today that Maslow got it wrong and our fundamental need is the need to not have to endure change. Jonathan Fileds , from the Good Life Project, is talking about the Paradox of Change. I listened to his words more then once trying to get everything in my system. Trying to reprograme me to embrace change wholeheartedly every day.

"Everybody wants to own the result but nobody wants to won the process, especially when it involves change or disruption to the patterns around which we’ve grown accustomed to." says Jonathan.

Change most probably feels more than you can take. Which is true. Because change involves  more than you used to take. But if you want better you need to own “more”. 

Are you ready to rock your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment