28 June 2014

How much should we provide for our kids?


Sting announced to the world that he won't leave any money to his kids. He has 6 from his 2 marriages aged 37 to 18. This week there was a big fuss about the announcement in the newspapers. What could be regarded as a wise decision was put in a bad light by the press. Time grimly announced that Sting had said “My Kids Aren’t Getting Any of My Money.”


“There won’t be much money left because we are spending it! We have a lot of commitments. What comes in we spend, and there isn’t much left. I certainly don’t want to leave them trust funds that are albatrosses round their necks. They have to work. All my kids know that and they rarely ask me for anything, which I really respect and appreciate. Obviously,”

Nigella has similarly said, “I am determined that my children should have no financial security. It ruins people not having to earn money.”

What do you think, should kids earn their life or not? 

P.S. the article where I read about this  and Sting's full interview in Daily Mail that covers other interesting topics

No comments:

Post a Comment