1 April 2014

Bonjour tristesse, hello happiness!


A few days ago my boys tested positive for a throat infection, the little one had the symptoms that got us to the doctor. I was very worried in the beginning, not knowing what to expect, and I felt a little bit like my whole universe would crumble.

Even my built-in "joy mechanism" couldn't handle this, so I was sad. "Derniere danse" was really the song for my mood and got me dreaming about traveling, dancing and remembering that , although I was stuck in the house, I am, after all, "une enfant du monde". And, Indila, isn't she so beautiful?!

Me and my boys, we listened to the music together and danced... In a day or so Tudor was feeling very well... And the playlist for our spontaneous disco sessions always started with "Derniere danse" and continued with "Happy" and many others that my kids enjoy like Toca, Toca . By the way, they just love the "Happy" video. And Pharell, isn't he so cool/stylish?!


We also played "Up and down", the kids board game, and I was fascinated by Cristian's reactions at gaining and losing advantage over me. One minute he was happy and after that he got very frustrated when taken down.

I realised then, life is just like this board game, it goes up and down and up and down... And it's ok to feel  sad sometimes. Just know that after "Derniere danse", "Happy"ness will follow.

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

2 comments:

  1. I love pharell! he is so cool! positivity is KEY! hope you're feeling better!
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids are better now, thanks. They are all up and dancing all the time around the house

      Delete