5 March 2014

Oscar Glamour 2014


Picture this: an Academy Awards Ceremony that ends in 15 minutes, for which tickets are sold for  5 dollars, has 270 participants and is not broadcasted. This was Oscar reality when the first Academy Awards ceremony took place.

85 years from then, the ceremony lasts 3 hours and 35 minutes, tickets can't be bought for it (as far as I know), there are thousands of participants in the theatre and 43 million viewers only in US. In between all these changes there are 2 constants: the celebration of good films and actors and the glamour.

I am always interested in the winners but even more excited about  the wonderful red carpet looks. Without further ado here are my favourite looks. But wait a minute, can I just say that pretty woman Julia Roberts wasn't that pretty?! It was a total disappointment to me. Some praised the dress, I didn't like it and I thought here hair looked bad also. Is it just me?


The sparkles

Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab. She is stunning in everything she is wearing with her natural charisma and strong attitude.


Kate Hudson - she looks flawless, just like every actress there should



The blues

Amy Adams Gucci gown and Tiffany jewels. Very elegant!


Lupita Nyong'o in Prada was fairy and beautiful


The men

Jared Leto - a well deserved winner, like all the rest this year, in my opinion.


And my favourite actor in the world: Kevin Spacy just perfect in blue


The one and only Maryl Streep


The dresses I would love to have and wear

Jenna Dewan-Tatum - closest to my dream dress


Chrissy Teigen in Monique Lhullier, reminds me of Lucy Liu's dress at GG last year


My favourite looks

Calista Flockhart in Jacob & Co.


Portia de Rossi in Naeem Khan


Charlize Theron always perfect, my personal best just like last year


Cate Blanchett in Giorgio Armani - breath taking



You can see all the beauties on huffingtonpost and the last year Oscar Glamour

Glamour a day keeps the doctor away!

Credit photo: huffingtonpost expect Spacy's photo from eonline, and first from wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment