24 March 2014

Nailed it- red for doubt


When I was a little girl and my mom and I went for a hair cut sometimes she had her nails done also. Most of the times she chose a white polish over red, my choice for her. I remember this made me so upset ... I couldn't understand why anyone could pick anything other than red ( choices where very limited almost 30 years ago).

Now I am a mom and I hardly pick red cause it seems too classic for me. However a few days ago, I was feeling a little down so I went to get myself a manicure, the first one of this year. I really didn't know what nail polish to chose so I picked red. "When in doubt pick red", that't what they say. It was a good choice of color and a good choice of how to work on my mood. It helped me select my thoughts better:

"You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control." (Elizabeth Gilbert)

Pick red or don't , peu importe; select your thoughts and joy will follow!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment