2 February 2014

"Her"


I was so excited about "Her" and fortunately I still am, now, after I watched it last night. The movie was completely beautiful both in form and content.

The design seems to me simplistically futuristic and the pastel colors in interior design and costumes are superb. I liked the way Theodore was dressed and particularly his "no-belt" high-waisted pants. The future, as depicted in the movie, looks bright: no jeans, pastel colors everywhere, beautiful design. A world I'd surely love to live in.

The content was disturbing, heavy and emotional to me. I felt awkwardly acutely lonely during the movie and I'm glad I watched it alone to immerse in the solitude even more. The movie spoke to me and left me thinking and feeling lonely even after the end.

"Sometimes I feel I felt everything I'm ever gonna feel"...but on the other hand "The past is just a story we tell ourselves" cause "Falling in love is a form of socially acceptable insanity"

"Her" was suave, sensorial and sensual. Chances are, for me, this is the best movie of 2013, just like Django Unchained was of 2012.

"We're only here briefly. And while we're here I wanna allow myself joy". See now why I liked it so much?!

Enjoy!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment