10 January 2014

Sugarfree day 3



Hi, I'm Aura, 33, and I am a sweetaholic.

I don't know where to start here. Sugar has been in my life as long as I remember but sometime before holidays season I realised that I have no ambition/control left for what I eat and the hours I am eating at. The thing is that being 33 I have learnt to accept my body as it is: I am 166 cm and 66 kilos. And so I am not really bothered about my weight in general but I am really pissed off that I willingly and repeatedly put sugar in my body. My strong believe is that sugar brings nothing good to my body and I am sure that you have read that too at some point.

Of course I would like to loose weight, but I really don't like and don't approve diets. Moreover, whenever I wanted to change something about my weight I was too harsh on myself: no sweets, almost no bread, little to eat in the afternoon. I used to be able to do this when I was young and this is the reason why I was around 10 kilos slimmer, but not anymore. So, why don't accept it and take one step at a time? And the best thing, I thought, was to keep myself sugarfree for as long as possible.

I am 3 days into the challenge and guess what is on my mind after every meal: sweets, of course. But I hang in there and I hope I will prove myself that I can do this.

So, after my decision, I needed to find a way to celebrate success. At first I considered writing each day on a notebook or even on my fridge but than, I thought, why not make a fool out of myself directly on my blog?! Some say that going public with a decision like this helps with the commitment.

And then I thought that maybe some of you would like to join me. It would be super cool not to be alone in this. I will write about this every day and then you can join in the comments section to let me know that, just like me, you hang in there. So, are you up for the challenge? Pretty please, don't leave me all by myself !!

I am really looking forward to your comments and we will meet each day here for a quick celebration of success, something like Sweetaholics Anonymous. And we can have a virtual cake, like the one above. I'll do the "cooking", I promise they'll be delicious to watch. Ha ha!

Looking forward to hearing for you! Let's stay sugarfree this year!!!

xoxo,
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

Join JoyAcoustics' Facebook page ! Thanks!

Photo credit: BBC Food

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am super happy! Thanks!
      Welcome to Sweetaholics Anonymous, but it's perfectly fine not to be anonymous, too :)

      Delete
    2. God help us! :))

      Delete