2 January 2014

My 3 words for 2014


Hello 2014!

2013 was good to me, so I am now hoping that you and I will build some wonderful times together.
With 2013, I wanted to make it special, gentle and remarkable and so it was. My 3 words worked like a charm and I hope for the same in 2014.

My 3 words for 2014 are:

Curiosity. If I want to add to what I am now, if I want to make positive changes I need to look for more. Curiosity is opening up; "when you're curious by nature, you keep your options open and you look for new things. When you take that curious spirit to everything, it allows you to imagine more". Chip Conley was my inspiration and I plan to stay curious this year.

Play. I think babies are born with a happiness mechanism that grown ups are braking with conformity. In the process of living our busy lives we forget that the sole purpose of life is happiness. Life is a playground and if we want to stay young at heart we need to keep playing. James Altucher has this great ode to play: Are you playing or are you dead ?

Gratitude. You can have all the things in the world but if you lack the wisdom to appreciate them you are not happy. This past year I learnt that gratitude is the key to happiness and I couldn't agree more. And it's ok to want more. Happiness for me comes from gratitude for what I already have and curiosity to play for more.

Now, please tell me, what are your 3 words for 2014?

P.S.1 my original inspiration for this post was Mitch Joel and you can find his very interesting 2014 3 words
P.S.2 my original post Words are in, lists are out
P.S.3 in case you're wandering the photo is not really related, I just like it a lot and I'm playing with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment