20 January 2014

Code pink for Blue Monday



Today is Blue Monday . Are you feeling good? If so, congratulations! You beat the odds.
If you're not feeling that great, that's ok, since today is the most depressing day of the year, days will only get better. And I heard of something that might help.

I found a new TV series to obsess about and towards the end of season 3 there is this nice moment. A teenage girl is trying to comfort a sad woman by painting her nails in pink and she tells her:
" I like this colour. Kind of cheers you up just looking at it.
  Sometimes when you're feeling really bad, you make yourself look better on the outside just to make you feel better on the inside. My mom calls it digging from the outside in."
When her mother needed help it was a code pink situation for her and her sister.

Curious about the TV series I'm talking about? I'll tell you more this week.

So, if you ever feel you could use some cheer up, start with the outside. A smile, a flower, a hug, a manicure, a new pair of shoes or simply an 8-hour sleep.

A code pink a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment