30 December 2013

About Santa and generosity


Christmas 2013 is history now and I believe everybody is thinking about 2014 now. I just wanna talk about Santa Claus for a little bit before entering the new year.

This December, Santa came twice for Cristian in the same afternoon, both at kindergarten and at a kids party.  Being observant as he is this conversation took place a few days later, out of the blue, while we were having dinner:

- Mommy does Santa really exist?
- Of course he does!
- I saw there are real people under those Santa costumes.
- You are right. Those are real people, because Santa doesn't have the time to deliver all his presents to everybody by himself, so real people are helping him.

He seemed satisfied with my answer and I was happy he found my explanation reasonable. I never lie to my kids and I didn't lie this time, too. I do believe Santa exists. Can you believe that I was in the 4th grade when I was told that Santa, as I knew him, didn't really exist? Our teacher told us and I wasn't the only one still believing in Santa at 10.

At 33, I believe in Santa and I believe in generosity. And I am not thinking about presents although everybody enjoys receiving one. I believe we shouldn't wait till the next Christmas to be generous and offer our most valuable "possessions": our time, our attention and nice words.

A gift a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment