Although we are 4 days into December it was only today that I realized winter is here.Plenty of places to go and people to see, so here are my plans for this winter in no particular order:
- enjoy the snow - it can be as simple as fighting with snowballs or building a snowman. Or any winter sport because there are so many to chose from;
- eat rind ( sorici ), panettone, oranges and meat scraps ( jumari ); at least I included a fruit in this "healthy" diet;
- see fireworks;
- spend some time at my parents house cause it feels a little bit like a time travel back in childhood;
- reread a favorite book from childhood. Right now I am thinking of "Elevul Dima dintr-a saptea" or "Romanul adolescentului miop" . These are 2 Romanian books, I am sure each nation has its favourites
- go caroling
- listen to Sting's album "If on a winter's night"
- revisit "Something Stupid"; Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman make my favorite Christmas video
- buy a new pajama for New Years Eve night and some cozy slippers for all winter
- wear something red and sequins
- watch again my favourite movie
- drink mulled wine and hot white chocolate
- throw a party at my house
- enjoy the silence, like DM is saying, take time to think of 2013 and envision 2014. I decided which are my 3 words for 2014 while listening to Chip Conley and I'll share them with you later in December. Remember lists are out, words are in :)
- be generous, generosity has nothing to do with buying. A smile, a nice word, giving away the things I am no longer using in the house, things that can be useful to others; spending quality time with my loved ones, these are all generous things. And not only for Christmas but all winter/year round. Christmas is just a reminder that it feels good to give and we should definitely do this more often.
What are your plans for this winter?
A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
P.S. if you are on the warm side of the world here are the Summer DOs