12 November 2013

Holidays are coming


What are the first things that come to your mind when thinking about winter? Winter for me is: snow, Santa Claus, Christmas, cold, caroling, childhood, sledding through the snow, family reunions and the list could go on and on...

For the past 5 years or so, I can add the Red Cups. Did you know that they are available at Starbucks since last week. Already!!! This means holidays are coming. Where did this year go?

Anyways as much as I enjoy Starbucks' specials like Toffee Nut Latte, all things related to Christmas marketing seem too much most of the time. Amidst all the crazy, boring, clichee ads I found one that spoke to my inner child. I think this is what Christmas is about in the end. That special pure joy that only children can experience or the lucky grown ups who didn't forget how good "feeling like a child" can be.



The Hare and Bare advert from John Lewis has all the right ingredients: animation, a nice story about friendship, cute animals, Lily Allen singing a cover of Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" and a nice Christmas tree. No way this can go wrong! And what I really respect about the add is also no sight of the big, old, red Santa. Christmas is a spirit, Christmas is about generosity and playing Santa for our loved ones.


So, do you like it? Me and my boys love it.


P.S. last year they had a great a love story John Lewis Christmas Advert 2012 - The Journey


No comments:

Post a Comment