18 October 2013

Smoked salad soup


Towards the end of the working week I begin to think about what to cook in the weekend. Last week I knew I had to make the salad soup cause I like it a lot and I haven't made it in a while. This is something I tried for the first time some years ago as my mom is not cooking it. Also, since I didn't find it in any restaurant menu I thought you may want to try too.

Ingredients:
- 1 small celery
- 1 parsley or parsnip root
- 1 large carrot
- 3 salads
- smoked ham or bacon
- 3 potato
- 1 large onion
- 350 gr cream 

I use the blender to cut the celery and parsley roots and put them in the boiling water. I add the rest of the ingredients in the order they are on the list. I cut the salad by hand in spaghetti like thin and long pieces.The cream is poured in the end, right before you finish cooking.

These are quantities for about 10 servings and I can tell you that they were all eaten in 24 hours. It was very welcomed in our family and I will surely cook it again soon. What's cooking in your house, these days?

Have a great weekend!
Aura - Appreciative Joy Curator

No comments:

Post a Comment