16 September 2013

The empress's new shoes

I guess it was only a matter of time till one fashion designer drew this.
These pumps immediately reminded me of Andresen's "The Emperor's New Clothes" nice story.
I feel a little bit like the child in the crowd that screemed to the emperor : "But he isn't wearing anything at all!".

The lady is wearing shoes that's for sure and as much as I appreciate the design novelty I wouldn't wear them. No Celine for me this time, thanks. As if I could afford them... so no need to "worry" anyways.

Maybe I should design something crazy, too: an invisible/plastic bag, a meat-like dress, a gun clutch, or maybe a purse with a shoe print. Oh,  wait! I'm pathetic and all these are long passe. Except for the Dior bag with the shoe print which is tranding now. Or should I try a shoe with a bag print? But surely I'm not the first one to think about it...

So, what do you think of the pedicured pumps? Has fashion gone crazy or am I growing old? Most  probably it's a little bit of both.

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura- Appreciative Joy Curator

Credit photo: garancedore.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment