27 September 2013

My shoelaces aha moment


I'm Aura, 33, and for the past 30 years I've tied my shoelaces the wrong way. Or to be more precise, the weaker way. And because of that I always have to stop and redo my knot so that it will untie 5 minutes after.

Apparently there are 2 ways of tying your shoelaces: the weak knot and the strong knot. My mom thought me the weak knot and after 30 years obviously I needed a TED talk to teach me how to tie my shoes
 

Back in 2005 this was the very first 3-minute audience talk given from the TED stage.
If you already knew the better way at least you can take away the conclusion that Terry Moore draws:

"Sometimes a small advantage some place in life can yield tremendous results some place else"

So, I have to ask, did you know how to tie your shoes (the strong way)?

Aura- Appreciative Joy Curator

P.S. other TED 3-minute talks on How to start a movement or How walking can save our lives

Photo:justamiletogo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment