2 August 2013

About Google and breastfeeding



Do you know what Google and breastfeeding have in common?

 A nice movie that I really enjoyed this afternoon "The internship". Given the 2 lead actors: Vince Vaughn and Own Wilson I expected the film to be funny and entertaining. And it surely was. What I didn't expect was a chat about the benefits of breastfeeding for both body and mind. Respect Mr Vaughn (actor, writer and producer in this case) for including this in the film.

It is a nice coincidence that the 1-7 Aug is the World Week of Breastfeeding. I breastfeeded my sons for as long as they wanted (around 10 months). And it didn't come easy the first time - I had to learn something that I thought comes natural. So don't be afraid if you can't do it first, persevere and you will be amazed by how rewarding breastfeeding is. It's so magic that I can't find the words to describe it so I will let Dr. Grantly Dick-Read say all about it:

"The newborn baby has only 3 demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three."

I rest my case.

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura

P.S.1 Photo credit: Picasso - Brestfeeding
P.S.2 The quote is from my current read - Robert Mendelsohn "How to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor"

2 comments:

  1. foarte frumos ai scris. nu stiam despre filmul asta dar il trec pe lista :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc pentru apreciere. Sper sa-ti placa filmul.

      Delete