23 July 2013

Tenderness



Cristian already knows: whenever he says something interesting I reach for my notebook and write it down. I have quite a collection of notebooks: one for Cristian, one for Tudor, 2 for the blog, one for travelling and some more. Seems that I like writing, haha....

And I also have this blog-  a sort of notebook of its own, so let me share with you one of Tudor's interesting moments from tonight.

After I turned off the light I wanted to kiss him good night. He said no, no kiss (nu pup). I respected that. We said good night and he also said "(l)ove you mommy" ("besc mami"). Now I really wanted to kiss him so I went next to him and asked if it was ok.
          - Manga (it was the first time he said this and I was on searching mode asking myself what could it mean)
          - Manga mana, he said while caressing his left arm with his little right hand. I realised he wanted to say "mangaie mana" which is Romanian for "caress hand".

I caressed his arm while he was slowly falling asleep. I was falling in love again, flooded with love... and amazed at how precise a 2 year-old can be when asking for affection.

I feel this is a lesson worth learning. Requested tenderness is no less caressing than spontaneous one if one knows where to ask for it...

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable moment! It made me go "awww" out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very special for me. I'm glad that you enjoyed it too.

      Delete
  2. Such a little cutie:)
    Thanks for sharing
    Cheers
    Carly
    http://www.carlytati.com

    ReplyDelete