11 July 2013

BM

"Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening". What do you think, is Murphy right?
I tend to agree and I know something that kind of has it all: BM. It's short for British Museum. You didn't see that coming, did you?! Haha...

How come I think of it as illegal and immoral? Well, one may see it as the theft of the centuries, but of course I am a good person and I have so many nice toughts to share with you. Fattening? Yes, that too, cause I ate a very good homemade carrot cake there.

BM is a world on its own, my favourite place from this London trip.

The Great Court

The museum itself is impressive right from the moment you step in. The Great Court as it is now was opened in 2000. "It transformed the Museum’s inner courtyard into the largest covered public square in Europe. It is a two-acre space enclosed by a spectacular glass roof with the world-famous Reading Room at its center". "A key aspect of the design was that with every step in the Great Court the vista changed and allowed the visitor a new view on their surroundings".

Source: British Museum

The treasures

I wish I researched more and visit prepared. Even with no preparation I enjoyed the history lesson I had there. It's like the entire world opens up to you and all the continents have paied their tribute for you to enjoy. You don't need to go any further cause parts of the great wonders of the world are "at your feet" and so many more...


The people

BM is a great place for people watching. There are visitors from all over the world, all ages and nationalities and it was fascinating for me to stay in the museum forecourt and observe all. Also, when I had my carrot cake in the cafeteria inside I overheard a very interesting conversation on book publishing and marketing.

As if this was not enough, there is a World Conservation and Exhibitions Centre Opening in 2014.In case I needed an excuse to come back. I hope I will...

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura

No comments:

Post a Comment