15 April 2013

House of Cards

 What's better than a glass of wine ( Porto is my favourite) and a Raffaello candy on a Saturday night?
A glass of wine, a Rafaello and "House of Cards". 5 episodes of "House of Cards" to be more precise.

The future is here

The future of TV, that is. Forbes says "House of Cards" is a "seminal event in the history of TV". And also says all about the firsts for the series:
"It’s the first major TV show to completely bypass the usual television ecosystem of networks and cable operators. It’s also the first time that a series has released an entire season (thirteen episodes) all at once, for viewers to watch at their own pace. Finally, it’s the first time that programming has been developed with the aid of big data algorithms."
More on the future of TV here and on big data algorithms and the series on MIT review and the trailer here .

Source: wikipedia
My favourite actor in the world

When I heard that Kevin Spacy is the lead, it was all I needed to know. Kevin is my favourite actor and I was long waiting for the chance to see him do what he does best. And I was right all the way.

House of Cards is a political drama series, a veeery good one. Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey) is a democrat that masters the art of war. He has all the right words and moves all the time. He just gets what he wants including Claire (Robin Wright), his wife and love of his life. Claire is stunning and smart. Together they are a power couple, unstoppable.

What I like best about the series is how their marriage gradually unfolds. They have a fascinating relationship and their recipe is worth thinking about. And did I tell you that Claire is a walking style lesson?

I'll say no more, big data algorithms say you'll love it. Enjoy!

A joy a day keeps the data away!
Aura

You can revisit all my posts on TV series here.

4 comments:

  1. i haven't seen it but great review! xoxo from nyc & http://www.the-beautiful-things.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vittoria! I think it's a great series so you should give it a try

      Delete
  2. Hmmn sounds interesting, still not sure how it works but I will attempt to check it out!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to give out too much cause I want you to enjoy it at the fullest.

      Delete