17 April 2013

Bridget Jones's Diary

Source: absolutenglish.org

You may well say: really? Is she writing about a movie released 12 years ago?  (12, isn't just amazing how time flies?) This is surely why I couldn't remember much about the movie, except for Miss Jones, the diary and Colin Firth.

Anyways, Bridget Jones's Diary was on tonight so, as soon as I put Tudor to bed, I found myself glued to the TV. And very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I watched only second half of the movie but it was still a blast.

First, I was surprised to see Hugh Grant, I had no memory of him in the film. It was even better to see him fighting with Darcy over Bridget on her birthday. Soo nice, to see men fighting for a woman! To tell you the truth, it brought back memories! I had something like this on my 18th birthday party and although I was embarrassed at the moment, I feel pretty good about it now. Lucky me, I still have the memories; who knows, 12 years from now I will probably still be married but, most likely, with fewer memories of my youth.

If you are single and not very happy about it, the film is also great. It puts life in a different perspective. Like it's ok if your weight is not the one of a supermodel, or it's ok if you sometime act silly and ridiculous. Despite all these you are lovable and your Mr Darcy is on his way. You just need to hang in there and watch the "Bridget Jone's Diary" again.

What do you say? What are your favourite romantic comedies?

6 comments:

  1. Nu stiu daca sa-l numesc comedie, dar Dirty Dancing e in cazul meu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu n-am reusit sa vad Dirty Dancing niciodata cap-coada, dar imi zic de mult timp ca trebuie sa fac asta. E un clasic

      Delete
    2. n-ai vazut Dirty Dancing?!?! how do you live with yourself? :p

      Delete
    3. Si eu ma intreb. Am reusit 32 de ani, dar nu pot sa stiu ce-mi rezerva viitorul. Tu l-ai vazut?

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that movie - haven't seen it in the longest time though - but it gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, there are some movies you can't step away from

      Delete