19 March 2013

Unwonted fashion

I'm not a fashionista nor a shopaholic. Although, I must admit that, with the right budget, I wouldn't mind becoming one. Until then I am a fashion voyeur, meaning that I enjoy looking at the trends from a distance. Lately fashion design has come up with some unexpected pieces that I am sharing with you with great pleasure:

 1. The bejeweled mosaic inspired dress from D&G.

I was very intrigued when I first saw the collection. Designers, Dolce and Gabbana, looked to the exquisite Venetian and Byzantine mosaics of the twelfth-century cathedral in the city of Monreale, a place of worship consecrated to Santa Maria Nuova. You can find more about the collection and complete pictures here. There are some exquisite red dresses there that I would like to wear once in a lifetime.

Credit: Filippo Fior/InDigitalteam/GoRunway.com

2. Rose embellished golden cage wedges from the same collection Dolce & Gabbana Fall / Winter 2014 Mosaic Women's Collection.

"I believe I can fly"... Haha! They look very theatrical but I wouldn't mind owning one pair even though I can't guarantee I would have the guts to ever wear them outside.

Credit: Dolce & Gabbana
 
3. Juste un clue, Cartier.

I liked this as soon as I saw it on Garance's blog. I can tell you that Cartier has one with diamonds, too. And what was I telling you here about perfumes, that it's no fun buying them. Other girls think the same about bracelets. I, for one, wouldn't mind buying this for myself...

Credit: Garance Dore

4. The hula hoop Chanel bag.

Wait! Don't jump to conclusions like I did the first time I saw this. Apparently,  the master behind Chanel, has an explanation: "It's for the beach" Lagerfeld told the Daily Telegraph post-show. "You need space for the beach towel. And then you can put it into the sand and hang things on it." I bet you didn't think of it as remotely useful, didn't you?!

Credit: Vladimir Potop
5. Bee-embroidered Alexander McQueen apiculturalist's hats with wide brims.

The hats looked strange to me in the presentation but on Sarah Jessica Parker, the hat is fantastic. I guess she can pull off any hat, can't she?! I saved the best for last, as always. You can view a full coverage of the collection from Vogue here.


Credit: Harper's Bazaar

What do you think? Is unwonted fashion unwanted? Would you wear any of these? The bracelet would be the first on my list.

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura

No comments:

Post a Comment