13 February 2013

The History of St. Valentine's Day

I don't know what's gotten into me but I am all for videos lately. Videos are trending apparently. Garance just launched a new series called "This is trending". I am not that "up-to-date" and I haven't done any videos but I found a nice little one, informative too. About Valentine. Valentine Who? The Saint, but of course, that some people around the world are celebrating on the 14th of February.





"The day was first associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards, known as "valentines". Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards" says Wikipedia. It's a pity mass production killed the romance, says Joyacoustics :)

I'm married for 6 years now so what are the chances I will get a valentine? Card or no card this is about celebrating love. And the best gift we can get is to love ourselves. Truly, Madly, Deeply. Everything/ everybody else will follow.

Have a great Valentine's Day!

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura

P.S. If ,at any point, I succeed in making your day better, "pay it forward" and propagate the joy: share it, plus one it , talk about it with your friends. And comment to let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment