27 February 2013

Playing for keeps

A movie, a future wedding and the best parenting advice: what do they have in common?

Gerard Butler. He's not my type but if you like him I have good news and bad news. Which would you like to hear first?

The bad news for the fans is he is reportedly planning to propose to our Madalina Ghenea. "I think I’ll be a great dad, although I can’t wait too long because I’m getting on," he said according to the Independent. "I love kids. I really look forward to having toddlers running around."

Good news is you can see him in "Playing for keeps" together with Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones. He is a former sports star who starts coaching his son's soccer team and little by little he gets his life back on track.

It is a romantic movie. Not comedy, because it has only one joke that involves the word plethora and I don't want to spoil this little pleasure for you. If you want a no-brainer for a Saturday night just for entertaining that would be my recommendation. I wander if such thing as no-brainer movie exists. But as you can easily guess I'm not a native English speaker. Anyways, you got the picture, right?!

Source: IMDb.com

On the other hand, the parent in me resonated with the movie plot and this is what I liked best. Turns out families are forever and everyone deserves a second chance. I totally agree. The most interesting part was the best parenting advice one could get.The movie puts it like this:

"Even when it's hard, even when you wanna be anywhere but there, even you feel he doesn't need you, trust me, he does" (he - the kid)

Good Life Project says: Presence not presents.

That's all folks! I wish you a plethora of good times!

A joy a day keeps the doctor away!
Aura 


P.S. If you enjoyed this you may also Like my Facebook page

1 comment:

  1. Isa, I miss your comments! If you are reading this could you please say hi. Any other thoughts are welcomed . I hope you are still around :)

    ReplyDelete