2 January 2013

This means war

No, no, no, this is not the Xena: Warrior Princess dark side of me. I'm a peaceful and relaxed creature especially after  I saw a great movie that happens to be called This means war.

IMDb says : two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman. I say : oh , what a fine movie this is! If you've seen it already you know it's worth seeing again. If not, trust me and give it a try. It's a very good romantic comedy meets action movie that I longed to see for a while now.

Please don't look for the trailer because it will give away too many key scenes of the movie. If you need convincing here is what I can say in order not to spoil your viewing pleasure. The 2 male characters are quite handsome: one British,  other American; one nicey, other sexy. One with a great smile, other with an interesting tattoo. Chances are you will like one of them, if not both. Personally I would find it hard to choose. So does Lauren (Reese Witherspoon). But with a little help from her friend she finally makes the call. How ? She followed a very good piece of advise she was given:

"Don't choose the better man, choose the man who makes you a better woman"

Pretty interesting take on relationships and on our life choices, don't you think?!



Since this is a battle between the 2 best of  friends, while watching the movie, I found myself wandering how will the end make everybody happy. This is a romantic comedy so I had no doubt it will end with joy for all. It seems that, just like in real life, every situation has a solution, or should I say resolution. It was a win win situation after all.

So, if you haven't seen it already give it a try and let me now if you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Any fine movies that you've watched lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment