3 January 2013

Lists are out, words are in

New year is here so it's time for New Year's Resolutions. My recent readings revealed that people don't make lists anymore to set their goals . Apparently it's trendy to have words as focus points for the new year. Where did I get this from? VIPs that made it into the marketing jungle. Six pixels of separation is a blog I fallow and you can find the article I used as a reference here

The exercise was conceived by Chris Brogan and it's called My 3 words for the year . "In an effort to tell bigger stories, I’ve found that the concept of three words allows me to think in more dimensions about what I want to do with my life and it lets me apply lots of tangible goals instead of what most people do when they focus on just a finite task. It’s a bit like turbo-charged goal planning." says Brogan.

Here are my 3 words for 2013:

Special. We can all agree that time is a rare resource nowadays so I want to make the most of it.
For some time now whenever I want to buy something I ask myself: Will it make me feel special?  Most of the time the answer is no and I let go. I want to extend this to life choices asking the same question that can be rephrased like this: Will it make me wiser, happier, healthier? So I just want to choose smarter in order to  feel special and add to what I am and feel right now.   

Gentle. I already told you here that my favourite quote is :  "Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength" (Saint Francis de Sales). I want to have the strength to bear in mind that I can only change myself and nurture my family and the ones around me with kindness and positive energy.

Remarkable.  I want to spread my joy, I want to do good, "pay it forward" and make an impact. Scooter used to say: "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice". Well, I want it all: to be nice and important. Starting with my family where I want to be both a role model for my kids and a good wife; going forward to my blog where I want to bring you joy and make you feel even a tiny little bit better each day.

Which are your resolutions for 2013? Which are your 3 words for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment