17 December 2012

When the boys go out of town

...all the moms go crazy. Well, I can only speak for myself when I say that as soon as my sons go to their grandpas' in vacation my days are crazy. There is not an afternoon, after work, that I don't fully enjoy with tons of activities that have long waited in line. It's everything I didn't have time to do since the last time boys were away in the summer. You can imagine how may TV series episodes have "piled up" and how many places to go, movies to see, friends to meet and so on and so forth.

My list goes like this:
- a good talk with a good wine and a good steak with close family - already checked tonight as soon as we got back home
- TV series, so much to catch up with: 4 episodes of "Modern Family", 6 of "New Girl", 1 of "Elementary" and almost 3 seasons of "Downton Abey" - thanks Isa for the suggestion
- movies I'd like to see: Life of Pi, Anna Karenina
- finish my current read: 50 Shades Freed
- blog more
- go out
- play Amanda and better organise my house
- play Santa and do some shopping
- sleep more; really?! noooo, "I'll sleep when I die", somehow I get to sleep even less when my kids are not at home.

 I have a work week to check all of these. Pretty daring of me, isn't it!

And since I miss my sons so much from the moment I leave them at my parents' house I better be busy so I don't have time to reach the same conclusion: there is no joy in the world that can bring you more than your kids do.

Do you have any special plans for this bran-new week?



2 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I hope you will like it.

    Due to some circumstances, I've had a lot of free time this past week, but that might change this week. So I am taking advantage of the fact that I have this Monday off and I am going shopping for Christmas gifts. I hope you will enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw the pilot and liked it a lot. It was somehow "fairy", romantic and "old fashioned" in a good way. Like a good winter story.
      Have fun at shopping!

      Delete