18 December 2012

Downton girl playing dress up

I'm into Downton Abbey now, such a joy to discover a new TV series I like. Since I have all this time to myself, cause the boys are away, I thought the house needs somebody to look stupid  after all and I played the dress-up game. I know this may sound childish, cause it actually is. But, like I said before, what better way to feel than "like a child" and enjoy life's little joys as much as children do.

When I came home today I looked at the dress I was wearing and found it rather Downton Abbey "maid-ish" . And what better time than now to turn it into a costume. Especially these days, with all the themed Christmas parties, a James Bond girl impersonation seemed too dull to me. I kept the dress I wore at work and added some details for the costume's sake: rubber boots, a scarf, a dog and even a sweep. Tadah:




















Go ahead, laugh all you want! I don't mind. On the contrary, I would like you to have fun also when I'm having fun by making a fool of myself. I think it's of great importance not to take myself too seriously.

What about you? When was the last time you made a fool of yourself and how? I'd love to know that I'm not the only one "out there".

4 comments:

  1. Ha,ha very funny :).

    Although I do like to play dress up, I would not have the courage to post the pictures online. But I do appreaciate yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, It wasn't easy. I thought of it for some time but than I decided to go for it. Although, when I posted this on Facebook I didn't have the courage to include the picture. So it's readers only. And my readers deserve to have fun :)

      Delete
  2. Well, thank you. I don't see myself opening a blog anytime soon, but I do enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for choosing mine for your daily reads!

      Delete