25 November 2012

Letters of notes, correspondence deserving of an wider audience



Today I found a treasure. It was not on a deserted island but on the much populated internet. The map was given by a bookmark, six pixels of separation. It provided me some hints and I chose the last "road" and found my treasure: Letters of notes. Correspondence deserving of an wider audience is an attempt to gather and sort fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes, and memos. It contains 900 letters of great people that made this world a better place. You can pick one from the archive or use the random letter feature.

"It's only when I lose myself in someone else/That I find myself/I find myself" . This is what my favourtie band, Depeche Mode, says and I totally agree.

I lost myself in the letters, ignored everything else going on around me (“brm, brm" car sounds from my boys) and found myself in so many ways:

- the parent that can't stay away from his child and family.  These letters were written by an astronaut from Space Shuttle Atlantis. They are a good reminder to cherish all the things that we take for granted;
- the eager one who wants to make it big and make dreams come true. This worked and was the start to a career rewarded with an Oscar;
- the teenager who just fall in love and desperately needs advice. The answer given by John Steinbeck was: "nothing good gets away".
- the child that thinks big and aims "high" to ask for help. Obama's answer on this is proof that daring acts don't remain unrewarded.

These were my random picks to begin with, but I will turn back. Good stories are so comforting whenever life is not living to our expectations. I hope you will enjoy them just as much as I did.

Have a great week!
A

 P.S. If ,at any point, I succeed in making your day better, "pay it forward" and propagate the joy. Together we can make the world a better, happier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment