14 November 2012

Do you...know what you want?

When I was a teenager, back at my parents' house, I used to have my entire room covered in pictures of my favourite actors and singers. There were posters on my walls, furniture and door. Years passed by and, little by little, I took them of. I went to university, leaving my room behind and this teenage pleasure went away.

At some point in my adult life I unconscioustly longed for that. Add to this the many pictures that I found interesting in the magazines I read. I needed a place to show them to myself and the back of my closet doors was the perfect place. I had build a nice inspiring collage long before I learnt that mood boards exist. My interest has shifted from artists to pictures and quotes that I resonate with.

I was looking for something in my closet today and my eyes stoped on my favourite piece. It's an excerpt from a Nike commercial that I once found in a magazine:

"There’s something about a girl who knows what she wants and how she wants it. She has the power to cast a spell on everyone around her, you don’t even know why you’re drawn to her, you just are. No matter how tall, short, stylish, unstylish she is, she’s the one who people look to for answers. She has a voice and isn’t afraid to use it. And she leaves everyone to wander, how did she get that way?"

I find this very inspiring and it puts a smile on my face every time I read it. Girl power!

So, do you know what you want from life? If so, the rest is so easy, there are several paths to get where you want. Just find your way and "enjoy the ride"!

No comments:

Post a Comment