28 November 2012

Cry me a river

To make a long story short: once upon a time, approximately 15 years ago, there was a princess. She fell in love with a handsome knight. Even though he was not "the one" and they decided to part she was left heartbroken. So she cried and she cried...she cried a river, built a bridge and got over it. Easier said than done, I know, cause ,of course, I  was the princess. I guess you figured that out by now.

Wanna know my little secret heartache routine?! I will tell you all about it anyhow. And yes, I have a heartache routine that somehow established by itself. It's a 3 step easy one:

Step 1: Cry a river
I kid you not, I cried rivers until I had no tear left to cry while listening to Bonnie Taylor singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on repeat.


Step 2: Build a bridge
Change the CD (it was long before the iGeneration - iPad, iPhone and so on)

Step 3: Get over it
Put the record on, the "Meri me ti mera" from Antique. Chances are you never heard of this before but it worked so well for me. Little by little I felt alive and empowered and positive that love will come my way again. I was dancing in my room or in from of the mirror. But, please, this is our secret.

Whenever I felt blue I knew that I had something I could count on to lift my spirit. And it worked each and every time.

Nowadays, not a teenager anymore, I still feel sad and lonely from time to time and somehow I miss feeling heartbroken. Not that I want this but it surely made me feel alive. Moreover, whenever I listen to Adele singing "Someone like you" I'm sure it would have made an entry on my heartache routine.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all."
(Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850)

Do you have any special songs to comfort you when feeling hurt?


P.S. If ,at any point, I succeed in making your day better, "pay it forward" and propagate the joy. Together we can make the world a better, happier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment