30 October 2012

The essence of life

Today I had my aha moment: the first one and the only one I need to have cause now everything is clear to me.

FYI: This summer one of Oprah's favourite phrases made it into Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
Aha moment: a moment of sudden realization, inspiration, insight, recognition, or comprehension.

My inspiration came from "Manuscript found in Accra", latest book by Paulo Coelho. I was longing for a new book to nurture me for a while now and was very glad when it found me. I only started it today: it's full of wisdom and I truly feel enriched by reading it.





It is a book about values. ”The book is based on values and the values are never fiction.Through time distinguish fact and fiction is difficult.” says Coelho. The book is not intended to explain or describe the values, but show how the questions we had a thousand years ago remain alive. You can read more about it here.

The quote that really caused my aha moment was:
"Love is divine condition just like solitude is human condition. And both live in good peace for those who understand the miracle of life"

The fact that I felt alone at some points in my life was a big disappointment. But "we are who we are" (again, this is from my favourite movie) and the only great expectation we have should be from ourselves only. Anything that others are offering to us is just a gift, the greatest one, the gift of love. Should we accept and embrace this we can live the miracle of life happily ever after.

What's your life philosophy?


No comments:

Post a Comment