16 October 2012

Sherlock Holmes is back


...and Watson too. Not any Watson but a very attractive and exotic one - Lucy Liu. She was the one that drew my attention Saturday night when I was looking to unwind with a TV series before going to sleep. I was reviewing the new comers and I chose ELEMENTARY.

The story is pretty much the same with some twists:
Sherlock Holmes is a consultant detective in New York after dealing with some drug issues. Watson is a doctor – former surgeon turned into sober companion (a person that is providing assistance to newly recovering drug addicts). They tackle each others problems as they become a team in solving murder mysteries. There is attraction in the air – I guess it’s hard not to be attracted to someone that smart as arrogant as it may be. This is speaking from the woman’s perspective. On the other hand Sherlock says this when they meet (a quote from a TV soap opera):

“I know what you’re thinking. The world is a cynical place and I must be a cynical man, thinking a woman like you would fall for a line like that. Thing is, it isn’t a line. So please hear me when I say this: I have never loved anyone as I do you, right now, in this moment”


Nothing new under the sun, this is kind of House meets The Mentalist. It didn't trigger the addiction but it’s ok. So, if you decide to watch, enjoy!

Have you found any great TV series lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment