26 October 2012

It's raining cats and dots



Yes, DOTS are everywhere this season. When I saw that The Sartorialist is thinking about them too, I knew I had to share this with you asap. 

Here is the story from Singapore via Paris to Bucharest:

Japonese artist Yayoi Kusama has a very spiritual take on dots. Here is what she said:
"..a polka-dot has the form of the sun, which is a symbol of the energy of the whole world and our living life, and also the form of the moon, which is calm. Round, soft, colorful, senseless and unknowing. Polka-dots become movement... Polka dots are a way to infinity."

This is her work of art from Singapore Biennale on Orchard Road, Singapore 2006
Source: wikipedia.org
This year Louis Vuitton invited Yayoi Kusama to design together a special collection. This fall Printemps Paris had a Louis Vuitton pop-up store that reflected their collaboration.

I am not a fan of dots. I only have 2 skirts with polka-dots in my wardrobe. But this trend appealed to me and I embraced it on my nails . You know how much I like painting  my nails.
Here is what I used. The special “brush” is from Avon and I painted the dots with the metallic end. If you don’t have one you can use a match or a kind of stick.


And the result is, taaadaaa:


 
In case you’re wandering the background I used for the pictures is from the French Vogue I already told you about.

Any fashion trends that you embraced lately? I’d love to know.

Have a spectacular weekend!
 xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment